I love stuffed peppers but buying enough peppers for everyone and running the oven in the winter can get expensive. Here is a very easy recipe that always satisfies my stuffed pepper craving. (My kids asked for 3rds last night at dinner!)
1 Large Green Bell Pepper –Diced
1lb Ground Beef
Seasoned Salt-To Taste
2 Cups (dry) Instant Rice
1 24oz Jar Spaghetti Sauce
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook green pepper, ground beef, and seasoned salt in a skillet over med-high heat until the beef is browned and the peppers are tender.
2. While that is cooking, cook rice according to directions on the box in a large pot.
3. When meat and peppers are done, drain meat and add spaghetti sauce to the skillet and bring to a light simmer.
4. Once hot, add sauce/meat mixture to the cooked rice.
5. Add parmesan cheese and mix.
Serves about 4 (In my home it served 2 children and 2 adults with enough left over for the kid’s lunch the next day.)
Disclaimer: This is an original recipe by Real Momma Ramblings. Photo also by R.M.R.